Civilian Background Checks
WebCheck is an innovative program developed by the Ohio Bureau of Criminal Identification and Investigation (BCI&I) is significantly lessening the chances that child molesters and felons can harm school children and other vulnerable citizens of Ohio.
WebCheck is an Internet-based program for civilian background checks. This program reduces the return rate of civilian background checks to as little as several hours.
WebCheck is an automated fingerprint scanner for checking a persons background for employment purposes. Ohio law requires background checks for prospective employees in certain job classifications. The advantage to using WebCheck is the speed in which you get the results back. Using WebCheck you can get a report within three days. When using inked print cards, it may take up to 30 days or more to get your report.
The Clark County Sheriff’s Office provides the WebCheck service from our east district office located at 3130 East Main Street, just east of Springfield. Note: We do not provide inked finger print cards at this office.
What to Bring With You
- A photo ID such as your driver’s license or state ID
- Business name and address of the agency who is sending you
- Contact person who is to receive the report - The results of the record check will be sent directly to this contact person. The report only states that the person has a criminal history but does not detail what the history may be.
These fees are effective beginning July 1, 2012.
- To have your criminal history checked through Ohio only the fee is $35. (Must be Ohio resident for five years)
- To add a criminal history check through the FBI is an additional $35 and the total cost would be $70.
All fees must be paid by money order, bank check, or certified check, only. We do not accept cash or personal checks.
For more information, call 937-521-2114.