Clark County Snow Emergency Alert Levels
A snow emergency is classified by the use of three different warnings.
Level 1 Snow Emergency
- Roadways are hazardous with blowing and drifting snow.
- Roads are also icy. Caution should be used when driving.
Level 2 Snow Emergency
- Roadways are extremely hazardous with blowing and drifting snow.
- Only those persons who feel it is necessary to drive should be out on the roadways.
- Your employer should be contacted to see if you should report to work.
Level 3 Snow Emergency
- All roadways are closed to non emergency traffic.
- No one should be out driving during these conditions unless it is absolutely necessary to travel.
- All persons should contact their employer to see if they should report to work.
- Those traveling on the roadways may subject themselves to arrest.
Note: A snow emergency will always be accompanied by the date and time of the duration of the emergency.