Clerk of Courts
The position of Clerk of Courts was created by the Ohio Constitution. Over the past 200 years the responsibilities of the Clerk have grown immensely.
The Clerk of Courts plays a vital role in serving the interest of justice and the needs of the community with titles and passports.
The office maintains filing, docketing, indexing, and preserving of all court pleadings for civil, felony criminal, domestic relations adult division cases, and Clark County’s portion of filings for the Second District Court of Appeals.
The Clark County Title Offices issue motor vehicle titles and we are Passport Acceptance Agencies in accordance with the Department of State.
101 N. Limestone St., Room 210
Springfield, Ohio 45502
Division Contact Number
- Domestic Division (937) 521-1691
- Criminal Division (937) 521-1685
- Court of Appeals (937) 521-1698
- Civil Division (937) 521-1697
- Foreclosure (937) 521-1697
- Garnishment (937) 521-1698
- Municipal Court (937) 328-3700
- Traffic (937) 328-3726
Judges (General Divisions)
Hon. Douglas M. Rastatter
Hon. Thomas J. Capper
Hon. Richard J. O’Neill
CPO hearings are scheduled subject to the availability of the magistrates.
Documents & Information
- Effective Jan 1st 2018 Filing Fees 2018 Fees (PDF)
- Guidelines For Filing Dissolution of Marriage (PDF)
- Effective Jan 1st 2018 Domestic Court Rules 2018 Rules (PDF)
- Effective 2012 Local Court Rules General Local Rules (PDF)
- NEW Now accepting cash and credit cards from public (Credit Card payments may be made in person, by phone by calling 1-877-352-8560 / 1-855-873-9710 or on-line at www.clarkcountycommonpleas.com)
- Fillable Subpoena Form (PDF) **Updated as of 4-6-17**
- Excess Funds Motion
We cannot give legal advice in this office if you need help with forms please go to the Ohio Supreme Court’s Website or contact an attorney
**Ohio Supreme Court Web Site** Ohio Supreme Court