The Clark County Community and Economic Development Department will be hosting two Fair Housing Training meetings on Aug. 10 and 11 in Clark County.
On Wednesday, Aug. 10, the training will be held at 10 a.m. at the New Carlisle Public Library, 111 E. Lake Avenue in New Carlisle. On Thursday, Aug. 11, the training will be held at 10 a.m. at the Springfield Twp. Office, 2777 Springfield-Xenia Road in Springfield.
The purpose of the Fair Housing Training is to provide general information for a basic understanding of landlord and tenant rights and responsibilities. Fair Housing laws protect tenants from unfair treatment. It also protects a landlord from unreasonable tenant demands. The training will cover several topics, including:
* Landlord Responsibilities and Rights
* Tenant Responsibilities and Rights
* Services Provided by Clark County
* Resources for Finding Housing
* Information Regarding Career Services and
* Other Resources for Communication.
This service is provided at no cost to the public.